Sunday, December 30, 2012

ATHLETE OF THE MONTH-JANUARY 2013



 
 
PAMELA PALECZNY-THARBY
1. DATE OF BIRTH: December 27, 1980
2. BORN/GREW UP IN? Waterloo, On
3. CURRENT RESIDENCE: Burlington, On
4. MARITAL STATUS: Married
5. HEIGHT: 5'9

6. WEIGHT: OFFSEASON: 135lbs COMPETITION: 128lbs
7. CURRENT OCCUPATION: Pharmaceuticals Sales
8. FAVOURITE HOBBY: Volunteer Dog Walker at Burlington Humane Society
9. FAVOURITE FOOD: Peanut Butter & Jam mixed with Oatmeal
10. FAVOURITE MUSIC: anything fast and upbeat! I have quite the eclectic mix on my Ipod from Cat Stevens to Busta Rhymes as long as it gets me moving, whatever it takes!
11. BEST BODY PART or FAVOURITE BODY PART TO TRAIN: Legs. Im really trying to build my glutes and when I see results it drives me to train harder.
12. YEARS TRAINING: 1 year of competition training
13. EMAIL ADDRESS: ppaleczny@hotmail.com
14. WEBSITE: N/A
15. HOW DID YOU GET INTERESTED IN FITNESS/WEIGHT TRAINING? I have always been active as a child as well my adult life; playing sports from volleyball, golf, field hockey to Varsity Rugby. Fitness and weight training just came naturally.
16. HOW WAS YOUR FIRST SHOW? ANY INTERESTING EXPERIENCES? You have to get comfortable immediately being naked in front of a lot of people at once...its like tearing off a band aid, you just half to do it!
17. WHAT DO YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE ABOUT COMPETING? TANNING it is my nemesismy skin does not like to dry and it has taken me as long as 3 hours to dry! Not fun at all.
18. FUTURE GOALS IN THE INDUSTRY? My current mindset is whatever happens happens, as long as I am having fun! However, it would be amazing to qualify for nationals!
19. WHAT DO YOU SEE YOURSELF DOING IN 10 YEARS? 10 years seems so far away however, Im sure the time will fly by! I would like to think that my husband and I would have started a family, enjoying life and being successful in our careers.

20. ANY ADDITIONAL NOTES? PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO THANK? My husband, with out his support I would have never started competing. My sister and my father who have had to endure the wrath of my cooler bag, I carry it with me everywhere I go! My coaches are amazing, they have provided me with the tools and support to get me on stage and be successful. My teammates and my friends, training is tough and having positive people in your life gets you through the highs and lows of competing.
21. COMPETITION HISTORY-PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PLACINGS.
Stratford April 2012 Figure Tall 3rd place, Bikini 5th
Mississauga May 2012 Figure Tall 3rd
Toronto June 2012 Figure Tall 7th
Kitchener-Waterloo October 2012 Figure Tall 2nd
London November 2012 Figure Tall 2nd