Monday, September 14, 2009


I need to apologize for not updating my blog in such a long time...wow...I honestly didn't realize that it has been that long since I have updated....
A lot of exciting things have happened over the last few months and many more exciting things are in the works!
This weekend our TEAM-TEAMOBRIEN FITNESS will be competing at the Ontario Naturals at Mohawk College. We are extremely pleased with the progress all of our athletes achieved and can't wait to see these competitors shine on stage this weekend.
I will be guest performing at the evening show...I want to thank Jamor Promotions for inviting back for another appearance...they always treat me very well and I always enjoy my time back stage with the athletes and mingling with the audience.
I would also like to wish Mymuna Nasrin and Gorretti Francisco the best of luck at the WBFF Championships this weekend...go kick some butt girls!!!!xo
I am 11 days away from competing at the FITNESS OLYMPIA!! Wow...I can't believe that this is going to be my 6th consecutive time competing at this prestigous event. I feel incredibly honored to represent my country and have the opportunity to share the stage with some of the best fitness competitors in the world.
My contest prep is going well. I seem to forget that I am not 15 yrs old anymore and boy, some days my body sure reminds me of that...I am dealing with some nagging injuries (as always and I'm sure all of us have some annoying or painful injury)...My training has had to be modified somewhat, but I am very pleased with my overall conditioning and I have focused on some of my weaker areas during my off season and have made the appropriate improvements.
Other than that, everything is going amazingly well.
My son is turning 17yrs old on Friday Sept 18th....I can't believe my baby is almost an adult....I can honestly say that he is an amazing young man and I am so proud of who he has become. He is very responsible and extremely respectful to everyone....I am pleased and proud to call him my son.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!!
I have so much more to tell, however, I will need to back track and fill you in on all of the exciting things that have happened over the last few months....I will have to sit down and write more when I have time.....
Take care everyone....
Mindi O
xo

2 comments:

Claudine said...

Hello Mindi,

I heard what happened at the Olympia, thank God you're ok, but still I am sad that something like that would happen to you! Please update us as soon as you can!

Take care,
Claudine xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindi,

You are an amazing woman with great strength and courage. You will get better with time. Keep us posted during your recovery stage.

My best,
Carla Di Noi