Tuesday, September 13, 2011

MINDI O-UPDATE AS PROMISED!!!

Hi Everyone!
Thank you soooo much for your kind words. After receiving my latest MRI results it has been an emotional roller coaster for me. Being an athlete all of my life, I have dealt with many injuries and have always pushed forward and have always figured a way to work around the pain...this time has been different...I am in constant pain from the minute i wake up to the time I go to bed....when i met up with the Dr to review my results, as he was listing the issues off to me, the athlete in me, kept saying, "ya, ya..that's not too bad, i can push through that...but as the list continued on reality hit me....I can't just ignore these issues and I'm going to have to deal with them....It was like a kick in the stomach...Both my Dr. and therapist were both very serious and told me that I CAN NOT compete at the Fitness Olympia...I am not getting any younger and I only have one back....It really hit home when my son sat me down and told me he was worried and didn't want to see his mom in a wheel chair...It was the tone in his voice and the look in his eye...it was so sincere and REAL...it hit home big time!!
I am trying to stay positive....I have gone through many different emotions-frustration, anger, disappointment, feeling a sense of loneliness and feeling out of control....I have really had to work hard and change my thought process....I have had to try to move beyond the negative and find a more positive way to cope with this set back. I sat with both my Dr and therapist and we have put a new plan into action...based on the new results we are trying some new treatments, supplements, training, etc....my job is to do exactly what is being prescribed and I am responsible for staying positive, mediation, resting and doing a lot of self talk. I strongly believe your emotions have a huge impact on your physical health.
We are hoping that with the new treatments being implemented, I will be healthy enough to still compete in Spain. (this is not what the Dr.s are supporting, but this will be my decision...and this is what I'm aiming for...Having the Olympia and the Arnold Europe back to back, I know in my heart that I would not recover in time to do both shows...)
I think it's time for me to start listening to my own advice...Listen to your body...it's telling you something!! "learn to hear the whispers of the body and mind before they have to shout" Sooooo true!!

Thank you everyone for your support. Fitness is my passion and I truly feel blessed to have presented with so many opportunities. I have competed in 6 Olympia's (qualified for 7) and have competed in 5 Arnold Classics (soon to be 6). I have built an incredible business along the way allowing me to be surrounded by so many incredible people. I love what I do and I want to thank everyone who has supported me along this incredible journey.

I am now waiting to see a Neurologist and a back surgeon to see what my options are....I will keep you all posted!

I will be at the Expo on Friday....Hope to see some of you there!!

Mindi O
xo

I want to wish everyone competing at the Olympia this weekend the best of luck. These athletes are the best in the world....time to bring it!!
Safe travels everyone!!